Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Health Nut


Anyone that knows me will tell you I’m a huge health freak and fitness guru!
In my world, Health and Image are one in the same, to me they mean everything, call me a “Beautyist” or what have you, but I’m just being honest.  I don’t condone stick figures, I do live in reality, but I do believe everyone should take way better care of themselves than they do. I walk down the street everyday and I see all these young girls who are insanely obese. What’s wrong with this picture???? It all stems from what you put into your body.  Grant it, we all have a different metabolism and burn fat/calories differently, but why does it always seem that the same people who buy junk food, down liters of soda, and stay in fast food restaurants are the ones who are always complaining about their weight and image??? Someone needs to be honest with these people and since no one else is stepping up, I think I’ll take on the challenge today!
I’ve worked in the Fashion Industry for the past 10 years and recently moved to Entertainment in the last 2 years.  Both of these industries are very similar and cut-throat; they are solely based on image.  Just take a look at the people who are prominent figures in modeling, acting and music. Everyone has a look they are trying to sell to you the consumer. No one buys into people who lack "sex appeal" or aren’t “fit” for their field. So let’s take a look at this from broad view.
Now I don’t expect everyone to turn into a vegetarian, in today’s society it’s unrealistic because it’s a very expensive lifestyle to maintain. I do think people need to realize what they are putting into their bodies and what it’s doing to their health and overall appearance.  Just look around you, heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure are just a few of the conditions affecting our society and we need to make a change. You can rest assured that any ailment can be reversed if caught early enough and you do something considerably worthwhile to change it.
Begin with reading labels, if the ingredients have too many huge words you can’t pronounce, I can guarantee you don’t know what it’s made of, therefore you shouldn’t be eating it! Stay away from food dyes, a lot of them have cancer causing agents and can cause other skin conditions. Try laying off the refined sugars and lean towards natural sugars.  Instead of sugar, look into other sweeteners like agave nectar; it’s all natural, better for you than honey and won’t spike your insulin. I know you’ve heard this one your whole life: drink at least 8 glasses of water daily, trust me, you’ll thank your body for it in the long run! I'm a vegetarian, only indulge in seafood on occasion.  However, when eating seafood, you have to be careful with your weekly intake because it can cause allergies and other severe reactions. If you eat any kind of meat please, please, please make sure you are buying organic. All the regular meats nowadays are pumped with so many hormones it’s ridiculous! Most importantly up the ante on fruits and veggies which should also be organic because the pesticides in conventional produce will prove to be of great danger to your health in the long run! One sure way to make sure you are getting the proper amount of fruits/veggies each day, invest in a juicer, it will definitely be a great contribution to your health!

Finally, whatever happened to fitness?  A lot of your health/ image has to do with exercise! C’mon ladies a lot of you are running around wondering why you can’t find or keep a man, or why his eyes are always roaming. Have you fallen off, and not become desirable to him anymore because you’re not taking care of your body? I’m not discriminating either, this can be said for men as well, they can become just as loathsome.  A lot of times people get way too comfortable when they are “in love” they get lazy and just want to lay up, it’s not good for the mind body or soul! Get up and get moving together! What better way to reconnect, to motivate each other, and to get those results you are looking for! As I stated earlier, I don’t believe in stick figures, we all come in different shapes and sizes, but make it look good and be healthy for you!
You only get one life to live, so make sure you appreciate it and live it to the fullest!

1 comment:

  1. wow! you can always count on ladi j to give it to you real!

    ReplyDelete